Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Secondary Infertility (I hate you)

I always wanted my children as close in age as possible. After Gabriella was born, I wanted to start TTC our second child at the six week mark. Instead, I found out I had severe PPD, and started taking a medication that is not safe for pregnancy. I needed this medication until just after she turned one, at which point I went off, waited a few months to be sure all was well, and we started TTC. Then I found out about my secondary infertility. This is my first cycle treating the issue, and I don't know if it's helping or not. Only time will tell.

However, everyone around me is expecting! Just yesterday, a family who used to live near us, the Duggetts, announced that they were expecting their second child. They're first, Michael, will by two in December. My cousin and his wife are expecting their second child in January. Their first, Carley, just turned one in June. A friend from college, whose daughter is just shy of two, is due with her second child at the end of the year. Not to mention the countless people I know who are currently pregnant with their firsts, and the one person I know who is expecting her third!

With all this, I am just left wondering, what is it about me? Maybe God is trying to tell me something. Maybe he doesn't want me to have another child. Of course, there is no point in wondering. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment